Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (GradCertLeadCoaching) is an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate. It is designed for those possessing a three-year undergraduate degree in any field, who wish to acquire transferable knowledge and skills in Leadership Coaching as part of their continuing professional development for ministry employment and further learning.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching focuses on building capacity in Leadership Coaching for people involved in a wide scope of religious, non-profit, community-focused enterprises. Students may be working for denominationally-based organisations in education, welfare, aged care, local church or other ministries requiring specific leadership training for ministry or mission.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is not offered to international students.
The Award Summary lists the full program and the academic regulations for students enrolling in 2022. The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is offered through the individual colleges. Contact the Registrar of the teaching institution for study information, including mode of delivery and timetable, and to make an application for admission. Domestic students may be eligible for FEE-HELP, an Australian government scheme, assisting students to access a loan to help cover all or part of their tuition fees.
An applicant for admission to candidature for the Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching shall hold a three-year AQF Level 7 award or equivalent in any discipline.
This award is a course for professional development where the student may acquire transferable knowledge and skills over a reasonably short period of time. Professional entry into the Graduate Certificate in Intercultural Ministry will be considered by the Student Support and Administration Committee on the basis of three years’ experience in a ministry or professional role. The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have led people or projects even though their role may not have been senior in their organisation.
Applicants whose entry qualifications were obtained in an institution where English is not the language of instruction normally require a minimum IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.0 in all bands of the test.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching requires the completion of 36 credit points from the list of approved Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching units listed in *Schedule 1.
- C8160 Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) & Positive Psychology (PP)
- C8166 Well-being and Resilience for People Helpers
- P9221 Managing Conflict in Ministry
- P9222 Change Management for Ministry
- P81XX Seminar in Leadership Coaching
- X9XXX Leadership Coaching Project
- X9XXX Leadership Coaching Focused Study
- Or other units determined from time to time by the Academic Board.
Graduates will have added particular transferable knowledge and skills in Leadership Coaching to enhance their work in the not-for-profit religious sector:
Graduates will have:
- specialised theoretical and technical knowledge related to the practice of Leadership Coaching which are transferable to a variety of complex religious, not-for-profit, ministry enterprises;
- an understanding of the principles and methods of inquiry transferable to different contexts within real-world ministry practice.
Graduates will demonstrate specialised cognitive and technical skills in leadership coaching, so that they are able independently to:
- analyse critically, evaluate, and apply information to complete a range of activities associated with effectively coaching to bring out the best in others in an organisational context;
- analyse, generate and provide solutions to complex problems to guide the ministry in the field of leadership coaching within a religious, not-for-profit, community organisation;
- transmit transferable knowledge, skills and ideas through coherent and sustained leadership coaching to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Applications of Knowledge and Skills
Graduates will have the ability to:
- apply transferable knowledge and skills in a way that demonstrates autonomy, well-developed judgment, adaptability, and responsibility as leaders in religious, non-profit, community-focused enterprises.
Credit and Recognised Prior Learning
A candidate may seek credit up to a maximum of 18 credit points in the Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching.
Credit can only be granted for units that are from an equivalent award or institution and have outcomes, content, demand hours, and assessment equivalent to that of units in the SCD award.
Credit for Recognised Prior Learning may be granted subject to a successful application.
Articulation to Other Awards
Students who satisfactorily complete this award will be eligible to articulate with full credit to the SCD Graduate Diploma of Arts or other SCD Graduate awards, provided that they meet the entry requirements of that award. Special entry to those awards may be also granted by the Student Support and Administration Committee.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is not offered to international students on an Australian student visa.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is offered through the individual colleges and an application for enrolment must be made to the Registrar of the teaching institution. The registrar will be able to help you with any information regarding your study, including fees, units, mode of delivery, and timetable.
A domestic Sydney College of Divinity student is designated as full-time if enrolled in three units (27 credit points) or more in a semester or part-time if enrolled in less than three units (27 credit points) per semester. SCD offers a wide range of units and students have the option to study one or more units across the colleges delivering SCD awards, whilst enrolled with one college.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org