Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (GradCertLeadCoaching) is an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate. It focuses on building capacity in leadership coaching for people involved in a wide scope of religious, non-profit, community-focused enterprises. Students may be working for denominationally based organisations in education, welfare, aged care, local church or other ministries requiring specific leadership training for ministry or mission.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is designed for those possessing a three-year undergraduate degree in any field who wish to acquire transferable knowledge and skills in leadership coaching as part of their continuing professional development for ministry employment and further learning.
6 months full-time or 2 years part-time
An applicant for admission to candidature for the Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching shall:
- hold a three year AQF 7 award in any field from an accredited Australian tertiary institution; or
- professional entry as determined by the Student Support and Administration Committee (SSAC).
This award is designed for professional development where the student can acquire transferable knowledge and skills over a reasonably short period of time. On this basis, professional entry into the Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching will be considered by SSAC on the basis of three years’ experience in a ministry or professional role. The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have led people or projects even though their role may not have been senior in their organisation.
Applicants whose entry qualifications were obtained in an institution where English is not the language of instruction normally require a minimum IELTS (or equivalent) score of 7.0 in all bands of the test.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching requires the completion of 36 credit points from 8500 and 9600 series units in the SCD Schedule of Units of Study. The units shall be any combination of units totalling 36 credit points from the below list of approved Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching units. Each unit is 9 credit points.
- C8525 Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) & Positive Psychology (PP)
- C8548 Well-being and Resilience for People Helpers
- P8597 Seminar in Leadership Coaching
- P9661 Conflict Resolution
- P9662 Mastering Change in Ministry
- P9677 Leadership Coaching Project
- P9678 Leadership Coaching Focused Study
- Or other units determined from time to time by the Academic Board.
Graduates will have added particular transferable knowledge and skills in Leadership Coaching to enhance their work in the not-for-profit religious sector:
Graduates will possess:
- specialised theoretical and technical knowledge related to the practice of Leadership Coaching which are transferable to a variety of complex religious, not-for-profit, ministry enterprises;
- an understanding of the principles and methods of inquiry transferable to different contexts within real-world ministry practice.
Graduates will demonstrate specialised cognitive and technical skills in Leadership Coaching within a ministry-related body of knowledge, so that they are able independently to:
- analyse critically, evaluate, and apply information to complete a range of activities associated with effectively coaching to bring out the best in others in an organisational context;
- analyse, generate and provide solutions to complex problems to guide the ministry in the field of leadership coaching within a religious, not-for-profit, community organisation;
- transmit transferable knowledge, skills and ideas through coherent and sustained leadership coaching to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Applications of Knowledge and Skills
Graduates will possess the ability to:
- apply transferable knowledge and skills in a way that demonstrates autonomy, well developed judgment, adaptability, and responsibility as leaders in religious, non-profit, community-focused enterprises.
Credit and Recognised Prior Learning
- A candidate may seek credit for previous accredited study and/or Recognised Prior Learning up to a maximum of 18 cps in the Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching
- Credit may be granted only from units at graduate level where the outcomes, content, demand hours and assessment are equivalent to those of existing SCD units.
- Credit for Recognised Prior Learning may be granted subject to a successful application.
Articulation to Other Awards
Students who satisfactorily complete this award will be eligible to articulate with full credit to the SCD Graduate Diploma of Arts or other SCD Graduate awards, provided that they meet the entry requirements of that award.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching is offered through the individual colleges and an application for enrolment must be made to the Registrar of the teaching institution. The registrar will be able to help you with any information regarding your study, including fees, units, mode of delivery and timetable.
A domestic Sydney College of Divinity student is designated as full-time if enrolled in three units (27 credit points) or more in a semester or part-time if enrolled in less than three units (27 credit points) per semester.
For more information contact us at [email protected]