Last Updated 23 May, 2018
- Circulating library materials may be borrowed by faculty and students of the College from any branch of the College Library in accordance with the borrowing regulations of the lending branch.
- Privileges for borrowing from the particular branch library shall be conditional on showing proof of enrolment.
- Branches of the College Library shall maintain:
- current written statement of their policies in the public service areas;
- current statement of the College policy that:
- the policies apply equally to students and staff;
- the borrowing of material will be construed as accepting the policies of the libraries used by the staff and students.
- Borrowers shall be notified of overdue material by the branch library from which material was borrowed. If a borrower does not respond to the first overdue notice:
- the borrower’s home branch library will be notified;
- upon notification, the borrower’s library will take steps to assist the recovery of borrowed materials or collection of monies owed;
- the borrower owing money or holding overdue materials is expected to settle the matter with the branch library which is owed materials or money;
- copies of further communications between borrower and lending branch library will be sent to the borrower’s home branch library;
- the lending branch library will notify the borrower’s home branch library when the matter has been resolved;
- the failure to pay fines or return recalled material will result in the loss of the individual’s borrowing privileges at all branches of the College library;
- examination results will not be credited to a student unless all books are returned, the cost of replacement and/or all fines paid;
- specific action to be taken against offenders will be determined at meetings of the Library Committee;
- if materials cannot be recovered the borrower’s home branch library shall pay for the replacement cost of materials. The borrower’s home branch library means the library situated in the Teaching Body where the borrower has enrolled.