Research Training in Coursework Degrees

As well as the program of research degrees, the SCD offers research opportunities for students in other graduate programs, who may occasionally participate in relevant research degree activities and meet current research degree candidates.

The BTh (Hons) and BMin (Hons) require production of a short thesis under the direction of a supervisor. The Master’s coursework degrees and their nested components provide for research projects (equivalent to one course unit) and research essays (equivalent to either two or four course units), as well as a Research Methodology unit. Such experience provides a sound basis for proceeding to a research degree. For research elements in these awards see the SCD Handbook.

Find a Course
Back to top