Our Ecumenical Identity
Sydney College of Divinity aims to manifest the unity of the church by the witness it gives to cooperation in theological education. Sydney College of Divinity with its Member Institutions, who are well established Christian colleges, deliver the Sydney College of Divinity awards.
To graduate with a Sydney College of Divinity award students must enrol in one of the below colleges as all our awards are delivered by our Member Institutions and the Sydney College of Divinity schools.
Currently the Sydney College of Divinity has seven Member Institutions delivering its undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) awards in English.
The Sydney College of Divinity through the Graduate Research School and the Korean School of Theology delivers its postgraduate (research) awards, and the Korean undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) awards respectively.
What does this mean for you?
- Enrol in any of the colleges based on your preference – location, delivery mode, Christian tradition, personal and professional interests
- Choose and study units across any Member Institution college while enrolled in a degree with one college
- Learn about that which is different. You can take a peep out of your provincial perspective and open yourself to the bigger picture. Ecumenism is a way of living that dares to think globally and live trustfully with differences in community
- Determine the appropriate mode of delivery for your degree program and units, as each college offers a range of study options
- Be mentored, taught, challenged by experienced, qualified and practitioner lecturers as our faculty co-teach across the Member Institution colleges
- Have the opportunity to enrol in intensives delivered at any college and learn from guest lecturers who are often internationally acclaimed scholars
Sydney College of Divinity awards are accredited by TEQSA, Australia’s independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education. As all the colleges deliver our awards, you can study at any college and be assured of graduating with an award that meets high standards of educational quality and is recognised and valued around the globe.
The degrees offered by the colleges are from the Sydney College of Divinity shared curriculum. This means that though the individual college timetable and curriculum is structured to their ethos and ministry focus, the academic integrity of the degree program is maintained through the academic governance of the Sydney College of Divinity.
Extended library resources
As a student you will have access to libraries across all the colleges. This means access to a range of quality holdings and specialist collections, including thousands of digital resources, you can access anytime from anywhere.
Our Member Institutions belong to different Christian denominations. They are established colleges who have been teaching theology for decades. They have the heart, mission-mindedness, experience and commitment to build Christians to fulfill their calling. Many are engaged with other Christian missions and partner with colleges around the globe to bring you the best learning and teaching methodologies and practices to ensure that they are meeting the changing needs of ministry.
Celebrate faith in Christ and life in the Spirit
The unity of all Christians is the will and plan of God. Unity is a gift of God. Truth is seldom discovered in isolation but rather through dialogue in diverse community. Each Christian tradition has preserved better than others one or more aspects of the mystery of God’s work in Christ. The work of unity aims at restoring the fullness of our common appreciation of that mystery.
Together, Sydney College of Divinity and its Member Institutions, celebrate faith in Christ and life in the Spirit and you as a student will be a part of it as you experience the ecumenical nature of Sydney College of Divinity.