CGAR Research Essay Prize
2020 SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research Essay Prize
The SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research is pleased to invite submissions for consideration for the fourth award of the SCD Centre for Gospels & Acts Research Essay Prize. This will be awarded for the essay deemed to be the most excellent amongst those tendered for consideration.
Essays for consideration must be on a Gospels or Acts topic, and must have
- been submitted in 2020 as an assessment item towards any SCD Course;
- and received a DISTINCTION or HIGH DISTINCTION.
What applicants must submit
Applicants for the prize should submit
- The Essay for consideration, in clean copy.
- A signed statement from the Academic Dean of the SCD Teaching Body which received and marked the essay confirming:
- The SCD award in which the student is enrolled
- The calendar year in which the essay was submitted
- Confirmation of the Grade awarded for the essay
Applicants must make the submission by Thursday, 31 December 2020 to Assoc Prof Peter Bolt [email protected]
The cash Prize will be presented at the 2021 SCD Graduation Ceremony on 15 May 2021. The recipient of the Prize will also be invited to present a version of the essay in a forum of the SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research.
The CGAR Research Essay Prize was introduced in 2017 and is presented annually. The past recipients are Mr Jason Israel (2017), Mrs Pamela Reed (2018) and Ms Anna Vagias (2019).