CGAR Essay Prize
SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research Essay Prize
The SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research invites submissions every year for the award of the SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research Essay Prize. This will be awarded for the essay deemed to be the most excellent amongst those tendered for consideration.
Essays for consideration must be on a Gospels or Acts topic, and must have
- been submitted in year of the award as an assessment item towards any SCD Course;
- and received a DISTINCTION or HIGH DISTINCTION.
The cash Prize will be presented at the annual SCD Graduation Ceremony. The recipient of the Prize will also be invited to present a version of the essay in a forum of the SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research.
What applicants must submit
Applicants for the prize should submit
- The Essay for consideration, in clean copy.
- A signed statement from the Academic Dean of the SCD Teaching Body which received and marked the essay confirming:
- The SCD award in which the student is enrolled
- The calendar year in which the essay was submitted
- Confirmation of the Grade awarded for the essay
Applicants must make the submission to Assoc. Prof. Peter Bolt. The submissions for 2021 will open in November/December 2021. If you have any questions email [email protected]
The CGAR Essay Prize was introduced in 2017 and is presented annually. The past recipients are Mr Jason Israel (2017), Mrs Pamela Reed (2018), Ms Anna Vagias (2019) and Mr James Arblaster (2020).