Centre for Gospels & Acts Research Essay Prize introduced
To mark the launch of the Sydney College of Divinity Centre for Gospels and Acts Research, the Sydney College of Divinity Council and Academic Board are pleased to announce the establishment of the SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research Essay Prize which will be awarded for the essay deemed to be the most excellent amongst those tendered for consideration.
Essays for consideration must be on a Gospels or Acts topic, and must have
- been submitted in the year of the Prize as an assessment item towards any SCD Course;
- and received a DISTINCTION or HIGH DISTINCTION.
The cash Prize will be presented at the annual SCD Graduation Ceremony. The recipient of the Prize will also be invited to present a version of the essay in a forum of the SCD Centre for Gospels and Acts Research.
Applicants for the prize would be required to submit
- The Essay for consideration, in clean copy.
- A signed statement from the Academic Dean of the SCD teaching body which received and marked the essay confirming:
- The SCD award in which the student is enrolled
- The calendar year in which the essay was submitted
- Confirmation of the Grade awarded the essay