Vision, Mission and Values
The Sydney College of Divinity is defined by its mission and values. As a registered higher education provider we strive to provide quality and an innovative learning and teaching environment that facilitates its vision.
The Sydney College of Divinity will operate as a leading theological education provider equipping people for effective professional and lay ministry in a rapidly changing environment.
The Sydney College of Divinity will:
- Provide high-quality, accredited courses in theology and related disciplines from undergraduate to postgraduate levels, including research degrees
- Encourage theological scholarship and train future theological scholars
- Prepare leaders who are well qualified to build up the Church
- Promote a theologically literate membership of the Church
The Christian Gospel shapes the identity of the Sydney College of Divinity, and the following values will characterise its operations:
- Excellence in teaching and research
- Commitment to the academic achievement, welfare, and personal enrichment of all students
- Promotion of lifelong learning and reflective practice
- Mutual respect and support for the mission and ethos of fellow Christians
- Affirmation of unity in diversity
- Collegiality and co-operation amongst staff
- Celebration of faith in Christ and life in the Spirit