SCD Faculty based in the SCD teaching bodies, together with the Dean, Research Director, and Academic Director based in the Office of the Dean, are normally all engaged in research for peer-reviewed publication in fields associated with the SCD mission. Ongoing research publication constitutes the main evidence for research-active recognition, which must be maintained by all charged with research thesis supervision within SCD.
Research also informs curriculum development and learning and teaching expectations.
The fields in which the SCD Faculty and academic Officers are engaged range widely across the four recognized SCD Disciplines:
- Biblical Studies
- Humanities in the Christian Tradition
- Christian Life and Ministry
SCD also encourages pedagogical research into the Learning and Teaching of these disciplinary areas and supports interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary research associated with the SCD mission.
The high priority of research within SCD is evident both in its degree programs and in its other research activities, which include conferences, annual lectures, the SCD Press, and the research projects and publications of individual SCD scholars.
For further information see:
- Research Policy
- Research Active in the SCD Policy
- Register of Research-Active Faculty
- 2014 Report on Research and Professional Activities
- 2013 Report on Research and Professional Activities
- 2012 Report on Research and Professional Activities