Vision, Mission and Values
The Sydney College of Divinity is a leading Christian theological provider, offering high quality, accredited awards to equip people for effective professional and lay ministry in a rapidly changing environment.
The Sydney College of Divinity will:
- provide high quality, accredited education in theology and related disciplines from undergraduate to postgraduate levels
- encourage theological scholarship and train future theological scholars
- prepare leaders and ministers, both ordained and non-ordained, who are well-qualified to build the Church
- contribute to the public discussion of issues of faith
- encourage a theologically literate membership of the Church.
Given that the Christian Gospel shapes who we are and what we do, the following values characterize the way we operate:
- Excellence in quality of teaching and research
- Commitment to the academic achievement, welfare and personal enrichment of all students
- Promotion of lifelong learning and reflective practice
- Mutual respect and support for the mission and ethos of fellow Member Institutions
- Affirmation of unity in diversity
- Collegiality and co-operation amongst staff
- Celebration of faith in Christ and life in the Spirit
The College embraces unity in diversity, as expressed in the Statement on the Ecumenical Identity of the SCD.